Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Potty Training may be grosser than diapers...if you have a dog

My little Kaia is potty training.  We are about a month in and things are going pretty good.  We have a few "misses" here and there but overall we are quite able to get the pee into the potty.

The poop is another thing.  I am not sure what to do.  She initially started to poop in her pants and not really notice that it was there.  I took to the message boards.  In this instance, I was directed to show her how to clean herself and then set her on the potty anyways.  Eventually she would learn to use the potty if she was to have to clean herself and she would have to sit on the potty in the end.  This is what "they" claimed.

Well...not exactly.

Things have taken a very drastic and gross turn.

Kaia now takes to taking off her panties, filled with poop mind you, anywhere she makes: backyard, bathroom, family room, my bed...well at least I caught the last one in time.

What was a pretty gross process to clean up has now turned into a hazmat suit situation.

This morning, while watching a morning cartoon, she removed her panties.  Her poop made a lovely plop onto the carpet.  (Phew we rent!)

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!  I am not really that sqeamish but ewww people.

I had 2 options.  Leave her there and go get something to clean it up or take her with me to get something.  God knows what I would have come back to if I left her....ah the horror.  No way.  So I picked her up and went into kitchen grabbed a couple paper towels.  (It was a hard one!)

I then returned to the scene of the mishap...nothing.  Wait.  What happened?  Where did it go?

As I scanned the room, I noticed the dog licking his chops!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Yes ladies and gentlemen.  The dog ate it.  Can't say as I was all that disappointed...but was definitely grossed out.  I had to put dog outside the rest of the day.  I just could not look at him.

Diapers...I am rethinking the option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?