Monday, September 21, 2009

Light-Up Sketchers are the new Manolo Blahnik for the kindergarten sect

This morning my son woke me at 5:30 am.  He was ready to get dressed for school.

You see the day before we had visited our local Sketchers outlet and purchased the Holy Grail of shoes - light up race car sneakers. He simply could not wait to show off these new shoes to all of the kids at the bus stop.  So the crack of dawn seemed like the appropriate time to start getting ready to go.

Now to put this into perspective, I had been hearing about these shoes for weeks. Television marketing dollars are not wasted on my son.

"Mom you can go super fast.  They light up and they have stripes on the side."

Until yesterday, I was unaware that these shoes are the topic of extensive conversations on the school bus. So I did what many parents would, I went out and bought them.

I would like to say I feel horrible for giving in to his wish, but the lights on the shoes were only outmatched by how much my sons face lit up when we put the sneakers on.

I figure once in a while it is OK to avoid the clearance rack and indulge in a special treat for my little guy...next time I might even get me a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?