Thursday, October 22, 2009

I lost it

I have lost it.  Sometimes the things that come out of my mouth even surprise me.  I have one 2 1/2 year old that seems to monopolize all my time.  She cannot, and I mean CANNOT, play independently with her toys.  If I do not spend time with her, or let her watch TV, the child finds mischief.

Yeah. Yeah.  I know.  Its typical behavior for a 2 year old but its my FIRST two year old.

Today, after hours of arguing, and pleading, and yelling and such I lost it. 

I took her to the park to play with her friends.  We were there for 2 1/2 hours.  We even stayed longer after everyone left.  But STILL we have to have a crying, screaming jag just to leave the park.  When we got home, I simply told her to got potty and wash her hands and she could watch TV while I made dinner.  Did she deserve to watch TV. NO!  But I did.  All I wanted to do was load the dishwasher.  Nothing exciting.  Nothing major.  Just friggin dishes.  Not even 5 minutes passed when I hear screaming from the bathroom.  Kaia has clogged the sink, turned on the faucet and is sitting in it.  Water is just millimeters from overflowing.

Seconds later...I hear the car in the garage.  Daddy's home.  THANK GOD!! 

Mike enters the house and I lose my mind.  I am screaming and yelling things like...

"She does not appreciate me."

"She listens to NOTHING!"

"She needs to go to daycare!"

Anything I can spew at him.  (Poor guy finally gets off work early and comes home to THIS!  But hey...oh well.)

He tags me OUT and I have to go to my bedroom to calm down. 

Will I ever get good at this??

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?